More and more, I'm finding myself reaching for a motivational quote or some inspiring words. Especially when the hills seem like monstrosorous mountains to climb!
But one thing I've found when the going gets tough, is that if I sit for a minute and try (capital T because it's not always easy to get myself to stay there!) to see it from a different perspective, at least my tension eases off - even if the situation doesn't.
So here I thought I'd share a few quotes I've used in the past and others I've read that have had me nodding in agreement.
1. Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity - Penelope Ward
2. Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults - Baz Luhrmann
3. If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it - Mary Engelbreit
4. Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change - Jim Rhon
5. You will never change your life, until you change something you do daily - John C Maxwell
6. The past is a place of reference, not a place of residence - Roy T Bennett
7. By plucking her petals, you do not gather the beauty of the flower - Rabindranath Tagore
8. Life will only change when you become more committed to your dreams than you are to your comfort zone - Billy Cox
9. It's not the future that you're afraid of, it's repeating the past that makes you anxious - Mark Freeman
10. If not now, then when? - Hillel the Elder
11. Pour from, at least, half a cup - Unknown
12. Your mood changes throughout the day, you're not locked into how you first woke up - DJ
13. Quit, but only if you REALLY mean it - DJ
14. Start now, right where you are - Ijeoma Umebinyuo
15. Count your blessings - Unknown
16. Don't forget, healthy looks different on every body
17. Progress includes the falls
18. Not knowing is the sweet spot for exploring
19. Setbacks are just mini pause buttons sprinkled around you - DJ
20. You are under no obligation to make sense to others
21. Accept yourself in your own club - DJ
22. Vent, it's good for you - DJ
23. The more you love your decisions, the less you need others to love them too - Unknown
24. Be proud of the space you take up
25. Be a lovetarian
Are there any other quotes that help snap you out of the overwhelm of what's ahead? Share them with me - the more that go in my toolkit, the better.
Comments will be approved before showing up.