Earthy Cream of Mushroom Soup
Growing up, cream of anything was a favourite and, as an adult, not much has changed.
Now, I may choose to make my own versus buying one from a can but still...the result is the same. A warming and comforting feeling!
For this recipe, I used quite a bit of mushrooms (crimini) but did have some oyster mushrooms on hand. I just decided to stick with crimini but feel free to mix n' match.
The term 'earthy' is right! This cream of mushroom caters to the EARTH element while assisting in pacifying the firey side of Pitta (water + fire).
This is a simple recipe that will require a little time for stirring but consider that time a great opportunity to practice mindfulness and just stay in the moment. Take in the smell of what you're cooking.
Earthy Cream of Mushroom
3 c mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 c veggie broth, unsalted
1/2 c red onion, chopped
1/4 tsp oregano, dried
3 tbsp ghee or unsalted butter
1 c coconut cream, full fat
1 tbsp sherry
salt & pepper to taste
1. Place mushrooms, broth, onions, and oregano in a saucepan. Cook until tender - approximately 12-15 minutes on medium heat.
2. Remove mixture from heat and pour into blender. Blend well but leave a few chunks of mushrooms. Turn off blender and let rest.
3. In the same saucepan, melt the ghee on low to medium heat. Pour the mushroom mixture.
4. Add the coconut cream to the mixture. Stir. And add the sherry.
5. Add the salt & pepper. Stir well.
6. Serve warm.
This has turned out to be a favourite in my home. I hope it turns out the same for you. Tag me on Instagram for me to see how you end up serving it!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Receive the latest news and updates.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.