Dog Birthday Donuts - Gluten-Free
If you’ve been ‘round here for a while, it shouldn’t surprise you that I consider my dog, my fur child - and gets treated as such! Which means, yes, birthday celebrations! 🥳
He’s been there for me, why not make his day that extra special?
Last year, I had a little gathering and some made-in-my-kitchen peanut butter dog biscuit mini cakes. This year, I whipped up some donuts with human-grade ingredients…read: you can eat them too - though the taste is really made of pups 😝
I believe in feeding any loved one good quality stuff so it can do wonders for their overall well-being - and to me, keeping Mozzie around as long as I can, is a priority!
Dog Birthday Donuts
Ingredients for donuts:
1/2 c mashed banana
1/4 c macerated blueberries
1/8 c coconut butter (not to be confused with coconut oil)
1/8 c olive oil
1/2 c brown rice flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
Ingredients for frosting:
1/4 c greek yogurt
1/8 c coconut butter
handful of bacon bits
1) With a little olive oil, grease a 6 cup donut tin and preheat oven to 350F.
2) Combine banana, blueberries, coconut butter, and olive oil.
3) Add egg, flour, and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
4) Pour mixture into the greased donut tin - making sure they’re not overflowing.
5) Bake for 18 minutes or until a fork or toothpick comes out clean after a poke.
6) Let donuts cool. Start making the frosting but mixing together all the ingredients.
7) With a spatula and once the donuts are cool, spread the frosting. For extra dog kisses, top with extra bits of bacon.
8) Serve and watch the excitement unfold!
Since Mozzie is only 8 to 10 lbs (depending on the season!), I gave him a whole one for his birthday but have been splitting the others in half and slicing them into 4’s. He also gifted a few to his four-legged cousins :)
I hope your fur child loves this recipe as much Mozzie did! If you try it, be sure to tag @daisyjeys on social so I can see your pup’s happy face!!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Receive the latest news and updates.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.